Ready to get your crunch on? My friend Brynn McDowell, aka The Domestic Dietitian made a little video a while back on how to make these fantastic-looking crackers with just three ingredients and five minutes: whole grain lavash bread, extra virgin olive oil and spices. I've been dying to make these ever since.
THREE times I've put whole grain lavash bread on the shopping list... and THREE times it has been eaten before I could turn it into these AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS [and super easy] crackers.
Well, I finally got my chance. I love these so much... everyone loves these so much! They're brilliant as they are, or topped with just about anything, broken into a salad or crumbled over a bowl of soup! I'm so happy I caught Brynn's post (and live video) to see just how easy these are to make!
You're less than 10 minutes away from crispy, crunchy awesomeness! Let's do this.
Total Time: 8 minutes Prep Time: 2 minutes Bake Time: 5-6 minutes
Here's what you need for 48 crackers:
· 1 package whole grain lavash bread (I use Joseph's)
· drizzle of olive oil (~ 1 Tbsp)
· seasonings of choice: I used za'atar, ground fennel seeds, flaky sea salt, and Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning
1. Heat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the lavash bread into whatever size squares/rectangles you want. I went a little big and got 12 per sheet of lavash.
3. Spread them out onto a baking sheet (you'll want to make at least 2 sheets (1 pkg of lavash will make 3 sheets/48 crackers, or more if you cut them smaller).
4. Drizzle with some olive oil. Sprinkle with whatever seasonings you like. I used large flake sea salt, everything but the bagel seasoning, ground fennel seeds and za'atar seasoning.
5. Bake 5-6 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
These are perfect with your favorite hummus or other bean dip, guacamole, salsa, nut butter or anything else you can think of!
Nutrition information is for four large crackers.
If you make this recipe, I'd love to hear how you and your guests liked it! Snap a photo and tag me too, #chefcatherinebrown. I love seeing what you make!
DISCLOSURES: None. This post was not created in affiliation with any product or brand. The opinions expressed are my own. I will only write about products I use and trust.
NOTE: All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source